Applications for Kingdom MoL - UPDATED
Dear Gentles of the East,
The office of Kingdom Minister of Lists will be open for application for February 2013. Interested gentles please send their resumes to Their Majesties and cc me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mistress Lylie of Penhille
East Kingdom Minister of Lists
For those gentles interested in posting for the office of East Kingdom Minister of Lists (MoL):
First and foremost, East Kingdom law is the official record of duties. I view this as a “must”; a must to know and a must to adhere to. You must read it, know it and adhere to it.
- “For a Curia Regis to be legal, at least four of the greater officers, or their deputies, must attend. Greater officers must make every reasonable effort to attend Curia. Those who cannot attend must send a representative or a written report.” Taken from EK Law: Section III, Subsection D & G. What does this mean for you? You or your deputy should attend Curia. If there aren’t enough greater officers, Kingdom can’t hold Curia. You are a greater officer.
- Terms for your office are: One- two year term, followed by a re-application for a one year term and then another re-application for an additional one year term. None of the additional terms from the original first two year term are guaranteed. You must re-apply for the position for each additional term. This is a must. Recognize your term limits and post as necessary.
- “Each Kingdom Officer will designate and train a deputy.” If you decide to post for the position, you need a back-up person.
- Our first and foremost duty is “to maintain accurate records on the fighting activities and the fighters of the East Kingdom”. And then to provide that information to the Earl Marshal, Kingdom Warlord, and Kingdom Marshal of Fence. Our job is to aid the Marshalette in all things reporting AND issue authorization cards. I use a “data base second” and have found that to be extremely helpful in my term.
- Be able to coordinate the Crown List tournament. This will mean that you must have experience in all tournament formats. “Modify, adept and overcome” are my fighting words. You need to be able to communicate and reach an understandable format.
- COMMUNICATION! Between you and the Royalty, you and your marshals, and with any other staff you have.